APAC Sr. Solutions Engineer/Consultant
Location: Based in APAC
Department: Customer Success
A Senior Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing pre- and post- technical sales support in Asia Pacific region for Enterprise accounts and Partners. The candidate will also be performing consulting tasks in the region as required.
The Senior Solutions Engineer / Consultant reports to the Sr. Manager of Solutions Engineers. The compensation structure is a base salary and a variable component based on revenues and quarterly objectives.
- Support pre-sales activities in the designated territory(ies) and region by:
- Participating in sales calls and onsite visits with prospects to make technical presentations.
- Participate / present at industry shows, user groups and other public events or webinars.
- Preparing appropriate roadmap presentations for key accounts.
- Working with Product Managers to provide input to the roadmap and create the customer ready presentations.
- Track, monitor, and respond to company interactions with existing customers by:
- Running workshops and demos to evaluate new technologies
- Follow Tech Support incidents to help overcome roadblocks.
- Document customers' product wish list.
- Collaborate with Services delivery team with onsite visits to key accounts in the territory.
- Interact with Product Management and Engineering teams to help steer the products based on customer demands and prospect trends:
- Help define product roadmap participating in key product meetings as needed
- Validate new service and product offerings with customers and prospects.
- Perform consulting engagements with customers mainly across Asia Pacific region
- Write engagement reports for consulting engagements
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality services
- Interact with Channel Partners
- B.A. / B.Sc. or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years track record in software solution pre-sales, with database experience highly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB and MySQL, certifications recommended
- SQL writing skills
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages highly desired
- Sysadmin experience from the following operating systems highly preferred:
- Linux, Red Hat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows 2000 and 2003 server
- Other OSs recommended but not required
- Experience with virtualization software
- Amazon EC2 and other cloud knowledge recommended
- Experience with Web/Application environments recommended
- Experience successfully managing customer relationships with companies' technical teams with a high degree of responsiveness and integrity.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Excellent command of the Japanese language.
- Excellent spoken and written English is a requirement. Multiple languages and/or multi-country experience is a plus.
Candidate must be located in territory, preferably in Japan or Singapore.
MariaDB does not sponsor relocation or work visas.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com