MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Business Development Representatives play a key role in our growth by producing qualified sales opportunities.
MariaDB has a consistent track record of promoting BDR’s, and we are looking for candidates who are excited about advancing their sales careers by revolutionizing the way data is stored and accessed.
- Follow up with, qualify, and develop inbound leads via phone, email, and social media
- Set up sales discovery calls with prospective clients and MariaDB Account Executives
- Respond to website instant message chats and our sales phone line
- Develop Asia-Pacific territory with outbound (“cold”) prospecting
- Promote MariaDB via social media
- Collaborate with our marketing team on campaigns, messaging, and prospect feedback
- Record and manage daily work in tools such as Salesforce and Salesloft
- A relentless work ethic: you’re a hustler and committed to aggressively prospecting.
- A great attitude: you’re positive, coachable, adaptive to change, and a great teammate. You take full ownership of your quota and monthly performance. You can brush off the feeling of rejection that happens in sales.
- Organization and quality: you are process oriented and take pride in the quality of your work. Your emails and presentations are polished. Your verbal communication is concise and precise.
Also preferred are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to read/write Korean, Mandarin, or Japanese – this may provide more opportunity for territories you cover
- Previous sales experience with a technology company
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.