At MariaDB, we are disrupting the $30B+ database market. We are building communities of customers, developers and partners to innovate and deliver the world’s fastest-growing open-source database. Our solutions power applications at companies including Lufthansa, T-Systems, DHL, Amadeus, 1&1, Verizon, DBS Bank, Inditex, ServiceNow, Telefónica and more.
MariaDB is the default database in leading Linux distributions like Red Hat and SuSe, with a reach of more than 60 million developers worldwide. MariaDB is the best positioned long-term alternative to legacy proprietary databases and is experiencing explosive growth. We are rapidly expanding our team to accelerate our traction in this market.
The business development team at MariaDB is responsible for producing new opportunities for the sales pipeline. We’re looking for ambitious, high-energy candidates who are excited about joining our growing team to revolutionize the way that data is stored and accessed.
The sales development role at MariaDB is a unique opportunity because:
- You will have more closing responsibility than most BDR’s, including developing early-stage pipeline and closing e-commerce transactions.
- The product is proven and widely distributed. There are millions of community users and major customers such as Walgreens, Samsung, and ServiceNow.
- There is a targeted focus in training BDRs for career advancement and a proven track record of promoting team members. As a fast-growing company, there is an enormous opportunity for personal career growth.
- Territories are large and you are empowered to make strategic decisions on how to develop your territory.
- Follow up with inbound marketing qualified leads via email, phone, and social media
- Develop a pipeline of early-stage opportunities to transition into a qualified buying cycle
- Drive sales via e-commerce for our cloud database product
- Work with Account Executives to develop a territory plan and strategy
- Develop your territory by building lists of accounts & leads and doing outbound outreach via phone, email, and social media
- Collaborate with marketing on reviewing campaign performance and identifying best practices
- Promote, attend, and follow up with leads from roadshows, trade shows, and the annual MariaDB OpenWorks conference
- Promote MariaDB webinars, products, and events via social media, e.g. LinkedIn & Twitter
- Respond to inquiries from our sales phone line and website instant message chats
- Record and manage daily work in tools such as Salesforce and Salesloft
Sales or business development experience, especially in the database and/or software industry is preferred, but absolute requirements are:
- A relentless work ethic: you will put in 100% no matter what the circumstances are and do whatever it takes to hit your numbers. You are also hungry to learn as much as possible about our product, the industry, and our customers
- A great attitude: you’re positive, coachable, adaptive to change, and a great teammate
- Organization and quality: you take pride in the quality of your work and are process-oriented
- Native or fluent in German and English
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation. MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.