MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
We are looking for SkySQL Channels Manager to join our growing Channels team. In this role, you will help create and grow MariaDB’s SkySQL programs and partnerships through engagement, training, and enablement. You will work closely with the VP of Sales and other members of the team to deliver significant growth. A successful candidate will generate and maintain active engagements in the channel with MariaDB’s sales teams.
- Develop strategic relationships and clear go-to-market (GTM) plans with key cloud Consulting partners to help them build joint business and drive revenue for SkySQL on AWS, GCP and Azure
- Shape and drive creative, scalable program adoption and GTM initiatives to accelerate SkySQL service adoption
- Manage and drive joint sales engagements between partners and cloud sales teams.
- Serve as a key member of the business development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral for industry and service campaigns.
- Engage the partner’s field sales organization, channels, and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for SkySQL.
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using SkySQL.
- Position SkySQL for internal use by the partner organization.
- Ensure that SkySQL is the partner’s preferred DBaaS across all execution lines.
- Understand the technical and capability requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior executive management team.
- 5+ years of sales, business development and partner management experience in the public cloud with successful track record of achievement
- Previous experience working for, or working with Cloud Consulting partners like: Slalom, Accenture, Smartronix, Sada and Cloudreach
- Full understanding of the Public Cloud business model with demonstrated history of success building revenue in complex cloud ecosystem
- 3+ years working with database technologies in Public Cloud, specific preference for working knowledge of AWS Database strategy including Aurora, RDS, Redshift, etc.
- Experience working with key stakeholders including executives and technologists to help drive successful partnerships
Bonus Experience & Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud databases or data integration technologies
- Familiarity with Devops, opensource technologies is a plus
Remote, Seattle or Bay Area preferred
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.