Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing open source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, The Home Depot, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
ClustrixDB is now part of the MariaDB product line and provides a scale-out OLTP database to companies all around the globe.
As a member of the development team, you will be responsible for subsystem design, design reviews, and of course, portions of the implementation. You should be an experienced C developer and be comfortable with development of concurrent systems in an asynchronous programming model. Your experience in the following areas is highly desired:
Systems Design and Implementation
- Distributed Group Membership and Reliable Communication
- Distributed Concurrency Control and Transaction Management (2PL, MVCC, 2PC)
- Distributed Lock Management and Distributed Deadlock Detection
- Fault Tolerance in Distributed Systems
- High Concurrency B-Tree Implementation
Database Query Processing/Optimization and Language Design
- Distributed Query Planning and Optimization
- Design and Implementation of Rule Based Languages (Prolog/Datalog)
- Compiler Design, Implementation, and Optimization
- SQL Parser Implementation
Network Protocol Design and Implementation
- Design and Development of High-Performance Protocol Stacks
- Experience with Asynchronous Programming models
- Experience with High-Speed Interconnects (e.g. Infiniband)
- Distributed database development
- File System Development
- Unix/Linux/BSD Kernel and Systems Development
- Large Scale Systems Architecture and Implementation
- Understanding of database QoS technologies
- Development experience with Docker containers
- Minimum 3-5 years of prior experience in systems development
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers
- Language requirement: English, our corporate language
- Problem-solving mindset
- A passion for high quality software and ability to work with a small team in a distributed company
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.