Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
MariaDB Corporation is hiring a multi-language Developer to join the current Connector team and help to create new connectors and maintain the existing ones (C, ODBC, Java, NodeJS).
As a Connector Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development and testing of our MariaDB database connectors. We are looking for an engineer with deep experience in the use of sockets and network protocols, focused on performance, able to easily code in multiple programming languages across multiple operating systems, as well as providing support to our customers. The Connector team, as well as most of the company, works remotely. So expect to work remotely and participate regularly in various discussions using online collaboration software.
- Understand customer use cases and design tests around them
- Assure quality of all our products in the MariaDB Platform portfolio
- Make sure that our different products work together as defined by designing and implementing integration tests that combine multiple components
- Test the cycle of the customers experience: installation and upgrades of our products work as they should
- Design realistic testing environments, configurations, and workloads to simulate real-world customer scenarios (replication deployments, clustered deployments, etc.)
- Implement and monitor quality standards for our products
- Develop and execute test plans, monitor and report on test execution
- Develop test strategies, maintain a test environment that can continuously be improved to efficiently increase the quality of our products
- Automate all tests and ensure that a continuously growing set of tests can run smoothly within the desired timeframe
- Collaborate with QA and test personnel in other teams to coordinate work and share.
- Socket programming (including TLS)
- Expert in C/C++
- Two or more languages desirable out of Python, Java, NodeJS, .NET, Go
- API design
- Standard APIs and technologies like HTTP, JSON, JDBC, REST
- Database management systems
- Distributed system design
- Type system design
Skills & Communication
- Work independently in a highly distributed team
- Speak English fluently, conduct meetings, ask good questions and give thorough answers
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
This position is to be home-based in USA or Europe. You should be able and willing to work from home. MariaDB Corporation does not sponsor relocation or work visas.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation