MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a Consultant you are responsible for various consulting projects at customer locations. You will typically conduct the engagement onsite at the customer location, although we also provide remote engagement on customer demand. The consulting engagements typically center on deployment, optimization of MariaDB, along with engagements ranging from Architecture and Design to Performance Tuning and High Availability setups. Typical engagements may involve architectures running on traditional on-premise infrastructure, customer private cloud, public cloud vendors, or MariaDB Cloud. This is a travel job requiring a nominal travel level of 50%, there may be times where travel rate may be higher, some international travel may be required.
- Interact with customers and provide advisors consulting services
- Perform consulting engagements with customers, mainly across North America
- Maintain periodic account reviews with customers
- Write engagement reports for consulting engagements
- Act as a point of escalation and customer advocate to internal teams (Engineering, Support, Sales)
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality services
- Communicate with Sales and Pre-sales teams to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB and MySQL, certifications recommended
- Knowledge of one or more of the following database technologies
- NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
- SQL – Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Amazon EC2 or other (Azure, GCP, Ali) cloud knowledge is required
- Sysadmin experience from the following operating systems is a plus:
- Linux RedHat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows 2000 and 2003 server
- Familiarity of systems installation, configuration, monitoring & management is a plus:
- Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, MonYOG, Prometheus, Grafana
- NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Experience with virtualization & containerization software is a plus:
- Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware
- MesoSphere, Kubernetes
- Ability to travel frequently – 50% or more
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Time management and strong organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.