MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Our mission is to develop the database for all, supporting any workload at any scale in any cloud. If you like to think big, here may be just the opportunity for you.
MariaDB is looking for a passionate storyteller to build strategic and scalable customer advocacy and social media programs. This includes managing all the content for our social channels, relied on by hundreds of thousands of people across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Reddit. In addition, you will be responsible for producing all customer content, working with global brands and finding a human angle that tells meaningful stories.
As a customer advocate and social media senior manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the content and ensuring corporate messaging alignment on all our social media channels
- Being the lead on producing all customer content, end-to-end including amplifying customer stories on social channels
- Building and nurturing a strategic customer advocacy program including creating and maintaining a library of customer stories in many formats such as case studies, blogs, articles, videos, press releases, slides and social media posts
- Working with communications, sales, product marketing, developer advocacy, demand generation and other team members on the overall content for social media
- Collaborating and managing agency resources
- Delivering against program KPIs, including measuring website traffic from social channels and audience growth, publishing of targeted customer stories, keynote speakers for major events, PR/AR coverage of customer successes, references for key product announcements and marketing campaigns, plus provide monthly/quarterly/year-end reporting on accomplishments against goals
- 4-6+ years of experience in customer advocacy, customer reference, customer-facing marketing and/or social media role (PR & Communications experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated success delivering compelling customer stories – written or video with the ability to share published examples
- Proven track record working effectively with customers and internal executives, sales and marketing to build strong relationships and achieve measurable outcomes
- Past success working with large brand customers including the ability to effectively navigate internal customer requirements for communications and legal approvals
- Experience building B2B social media presence and growing audiences
- Team player that works well cross-functionally and possesses an “own it” personality with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Driven self-starter that acts daily with a sense of urgency
- Strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize independently
- Excellent writing and editing skills
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Deep knowledge of the open source software ecosystem including community and commercial licensing models.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and help the team get the job done
- Salesforce, Google Docs, and equivalent tools.
- Honesty and transparency. A willingness to give straightforward answers to questions like “how am I doing?”
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and pitch MariaDB’s products
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Second European language fluency
Redwood City, CA or Remote
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.