MariaDB is an open-source database, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, T-Systems, DHL, Verizon, Inditex, ServiceNow, Telefónica, Nasdaq, or Red Hat.
We are disrupting the $30B+ database market by building communities of customers, developers and partners to innovate and deliver the world’s fastest-growing open-source database. With dual headquarters in Finland and California, MariaDB has changed the way data is accessed and stored.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for customer renewals, ensuring customer adoption through Enterprise Server and SkySQL, and general health of the MariaDB customer base. The CSM guides post-sale support activities such as customer onboarding, adoption, advocacy and retention through renewals. The role will be measured in terms of customer engagement, retention/renewal rates and customer satisfaction through an on target earning plan.
- Direct the customer journey and on-boarding process with the goal of increasing customer success on MariaDB products and services as well as renewal rates
- Communicate customer data with other departments that will guide MariaDB in product development and customer support programs
- Work cross-functionally with other departments at MariaDB to help implement processes and programs
- Increase renewal rates and decrease churn through early renewals, up-selling and sustaining a satisfied customer base
- Expand our revenue within accounts by identifying cross-selling and up-selling opportunities outside of the renewal engagement period
- Increase overall customer lifetime value through Enterprise Server adoption, customer satisfaction and achievement of positive net promoter scores
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Optimize the customer on-boarding process with the goal of increasing customer success through MariaDB services
- Direct the customer journey process from customer on-boarding through customer renewal
- Renewal engagement – Engage with customers 120 days from renewal expiry date to avoid lapse in support whilst promoting early/multi-year renewals.
– Review current subscription and up-sell/cross sell additional products when possible
– Any up-sell/cross-sell opportunities found outside of the 120 day renewal window will be transferred to the appropriate Field Sales Rep assigned to the account
– Coordinate renewal tasks with internal teams, including: Customer Success, Account Management, Finance and Legal
– Collect and prepare data related to the customer’s existing contract and product usage
– Support Account Management by identifying up-sell / cross-sell opportunities
– Maintain accurate records in our Salesforce CRM
- The ideal candidate must be native or fluent in German and English
What’s in it for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-calibre colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation. MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.