MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you are checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan, or ordering takeout, MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies large and small, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments, and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
The Account Executive is responsible for the general health of the MariaDB customer base, ensuring timely renewal, expanded usage and reduced customer churn. In addition, the successful candidate will help to close new and expanded sales in allocated territories. This role will be measured in terms of renewal sales with increased opportunity to earn commission for expansion sales.
- Understand and represent MariaDB’s products and services
- Guide post-sale support activities such as customer onboarding, adoption, advocacy, reviews/updates and retention through renewals
- Coordinate and engage different internal technical teams to solve customer issues
- Renew existing customers on time, leaving no gap in services
- Develop continued business growth at a large Korea-based technology company
- Improve contract value of renewals through improved pricing and longer contractual duration
- Leverage different channels (internal and external) for lead generations
- Qualify opportunities through follow-ups (within company SLAs and best practices playbook)
- Win opportunities in allocated territories
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Maintain an accurate, robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding monthly progress and strategies
- Occasional travel may be required
- Competitive, persistent, tenacious and disciplined with a track record of managing time efficiently and meeting goals
- Proactive and optimistic mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Understand the market dynamics of the database market
- History of selling IT at a large Korea-based technology company
- Structured and process oriented to follow cadence for subscription renewals
- 5+ years technical, corporate sales experience in a solution sales/cloud technology environment (database field preferred)
- Experience with prospecting and opportunity development using tools such as Salesloft, Salesforce.com and ZoomInfo
- BA/BS degree and/or relevant experience
- Must have a legal right to work in Seoul
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and cloud technologies
- Track record working effectively with internal, partner and customer teams
- Meets/exceeds MariaDB’s sales team requirements
- Meets/exceeds MariaDB’s functional/technical depth for this role
- Speak multiple languages (English is required, and additional preference is Mandarin)
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.