Dual headquartered in Finland and California, MariaDB is building the best multi-purpose database for the modern world — empowering customers to break free from the costs, constraints, and complexity of proprietary databases.
Our ML data science team focuses on the application of data science, statistics and ML to further advance MariaDB’s industry-leading database services to achieve exceptional user experiences. This includes self-identification of workload patterns with leading indicators for stability, and prediction of incident likelihood, backed by robust event-causal models to deliver certain self-stabilizing autonomous actions or to identify a set of probable causes either behind or leading to certain database incidents.
The ML data science team has two (2) immediate openings for talents with advanced and intermediate data science skills plus pragmatic code development experiences. Both positions require one to work in a combination of data science and code development.
The first position is a senior-level role whose incumbent will be expected to have a deep working knowledge of data exploration, modeling, learning, and algorithm, while the second position is expected to focus more on code implementation but with intermediate data science knowledge and experience.
The following responsibilities and requirements apply to both positions, differing only in the ratio mix between analytic and implementation work.
- Assist with data and model validation, including identifying certain areas for further model optimization and enhancement. The work requires basic to advance knowledge of data science and data validation, thoroughness in analytic skills, criticality in thinking and reasoning, and at times, practical work such as setting up test databases to benchmark labeled test data. Some basic knowledge of database administration is highly desirable.
- Design and implement new or model feature extensions for model expansion, including additional model and feature visualization techniques. The work requires reasonably robust to advance knowledge in statistics, modeling, in some cases learning, and excellent working knowledge of Python and its various related libraries. Experience in advanced visualization techniques is required.
- Code and release some existing and additional ML models and data analytics into deployable and scalable cloud services with good performance. Knowledge of cloud services, cloud, and the full application stack is highly desirable. Experience and knowledge in good polyglot code and deployable patterns is a must.
- Experience in CI/CD rapid development and deployable is highly preferable.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the required areas are needed, including recent grads with exceptional academic background and sufficient internship experience.
- Preferences are especially given to those with high motivations to do extraordinary things with humility, passions to learn, flexibility and a self-actuation mindset.
Redwood City, CA
What’s in it for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.