MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
The Director, Developer Relations at MariaDB is the lead evangelist to our application developer community. This hands-on role requires an individual who can speak the language of modern application developers and intimately understands both relational and non-relational database technology.
Leading the outreach via digital platforms (e.g., webinars, online demos, YouTube, and social) and in-person events (e.g., meetups, keynotes and presentations), this subject matter expert creates exciting technical demos and content around key concepts that capture developers’ hearts and minds.
Understanding of development environments and DevOps best practices is essential to help developers be more productive and successful with MariaDB. Prior hands-on experience as a developer evangelist, MariaDB/database/full stack developer, or coding hero is essential. As MariaDB grows, there is an opportunity to build and manage a developer programs team.
If you’re a team player and have the ability to inspire and collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners, this opportunity is for you!
- Design and drive developer strategy, execution and evangelism for MariaDB
- Develop our content schedule based on developer interest and company strategy
- Identify the best content delivery option and execute (e.g., blog, YouTube, lightboard session, etc.)
- Develop code samples and demos to showcase core topics
- Support high-profile keynotes with product and concept demonstrations
- Execute and deliver webinars, live events and developer Q&As
- Funnel developer requests and ideas into product management for inclusion in future revisions of MariaDB products
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, including use of various databases to store data
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience with Node.js and Python
- Hands-on experience with analytics, analytical databases and application development, including operational analytics functions
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases (MariaDB, MySQL or Postgres, MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Development in cloud environments (e.g., AWS including RDS, Aurora, S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Development utilizing MySQL and/or MariaDB would be great!
- Go, Java, web, full stack, serverless experience is a plus
- Development experience with containers, Kubernetes and microservices
- Familiarity with streaming data (Kafka)
Remote in North America or EMEA
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.