MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB is looking for an experienced leader to head our Sales Engineering team in the Americas region with the potential to lead our APAC team as well. The right candidate will help lead this growing team to deliver new customers on both MariaDB Platform and MariaDB SkySQL. This is a role with excellent visibility within the company and with our customers; and the growth potential for both the individual and the team is huge.
Lead a growing team of Pre-Sales Engineers across the Americas region. Partner with the VP Sales for the Americas to drive opportunities to close by engaging across the entire MariaDB organization to bring together engineering, product management, pre-sales and services to meet the needs of our potential customers. Hire, mentor, and retain top level talent and grow the Sales Engineering organization to meet increasing revenue and business growth goals.
- Three years of pre-sales engineering leadership experience focused on organizational growth, development of the existing team, and an ability to hire and retain high performing engineers.
- A proven track record of working directly with customers or partners and partnering with sales leadership to bring deals to fruition. This is a role for someone with a bias for action, ready to roll up their sleeves.
- High level of Sales Acumen that matches an equally high level of enterprise technology with preferences given to candidates with database and/or cloud background. Must be able to partner closely and in sync with VP Sales to prioritize resources that put us in the best position to make our targets.
- Track record of hiring, mentoring and developing Sales/Systems Engineers will be key in a growing environment
- Strong Database or Database Architecture Skills
- Ability to manage complex customer POC engagements
- Assist our customer success and field teams in customer orientation efforts
Bonus Experience & Skills
- Experience with pre-sales in an open source software environment
- Experience with pre-sales in a SaaS or Managed Services environment
- Cloud Engineering / Public Cloud Experience
- History of Public Speaking and Writing (blogs and articles)The ideal candidate will have excellent communication along with a high level of organization skills. Also has the ability and willingness to travel as needed along with working off hours when required.
Remote in the United States
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.