MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As the Director of Information Security, you will be responsible for information security across all organizations of MariaDB, including the architecture, design, and implementation of proper security systems and controls for MariaDB. You will oversee all enterprise information security risk as well as third-party cyber risk. A successful Director of Information Security will work closely with each organizational leader and its teams to understand the business requirements to ensure identification of information-related threats and vulnerabilities, alignment, implementation and maintenance of controls based on such risks.
- Develop and refine security governance practices to ensure the implementation of executive management and Board of Director’s information security agenda/strategy or objectives within MariaDB
- Create and maintain the strategic plan and roadmap for information security and cloud security
- Work closely with business and technology teams to understand enterprise objectives, initiatives and information security risk to ensure security and compliance postures are robust and exceed established standards
- Design, architect and implement proper security systems and controls in accordance with security best practices
- Oversee security risk assessments and the risk management processes including planning, tracking and control
- Oversee the approval, training and dissemination of policies, procedures, standards, controls and guidelines
- Proactively ensure the identification, analysis, management and timely communication of potential and emerging information-related threats and vulnerabilities through management of the security risk analysis process
- Keep executive management and the Board of Directors informed about related security risks and implications for MariaDB
- Manage function’s budget, resource allocation and forecasting tools
- Stay abreast of relevant security regulations, laws and technologies and programs and processes as required
- Develop and continually refine vendor security program to ensure that security posture of new and existing vendors is known prior to execution of contracts
- Develop programs and lead team that defines, deploys and maintains continuous auditing and compliance plans to ensure that access to data is appropriate and that controls are effective across MariaDB; evaluate control objectives using evidence gathering for audits
- Ensure continuous improvement of policies, procedures and technology (including automation) related to compliance to enable risk reduction, business enablement and operational efficiencies
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- 10+ years of professional experience in global information security and compliance, including cloud-based architecture and security controls
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience, including managing security team
- Hands-on security expert who is also able to provide detailed technical guidance to the engineering team
- Proficient understanding of security tools and techniques, not limited to performing internal and external network vulnerability assessments, penetration testing malware detection
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team within a challenging, dynamic, fast-paced and global environment
- Demonstrated success building relationships with partner groups and working with IT, legal, marketing, sales and engineering
- Industry information security certifications such as CISM, CISSP, CCSP, CRISC, CGEIT, GIAC or CCISO
- Excellent communication written and verbal skills
Remote in the United States
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.