MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you are checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan, or ordering takeout, MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies large and small, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments, and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
At MariaDB, we are disrupting the $30B+ database market. We are building communities of customers, developers and partners to innovate and deliver the world’s fastest-growing open source database. Our solutions power applications at companies including Lufthansa, T-Systems, DHL, Amadeus, 1&1, Verizon, DBS Bank, Inditex, ServiceNow, Telefónica and more.
MariaDB SkySQL cloud team is looking for a passionate problem solver and leader to join our team. You’ll be leading the charge to take the most popular open source database in the world to the cloud and solve complex analytics problems for our customers.
In this role you’ll navigate both business and technical conversations and roll up your sleeves to solve technical challenges. As the Director, of Product Management for Analytics Cloud, you will be involved with everything related to running a robust analytics service in the SkySQL cloud and also in on-prem private cloud environments.
- Drive the entire lifecycle for our Analytics cloud service, from product feature definition, prioritization, UI/UX decisions and successful execution through multiple releases
- Engage with customers, partners and field teams to understand use cases and problem definition
- Work closely with world-class engineering talent to influence design/architectural decisions and collaborate on new features and requirements
- Maintain a prioritized list of features, navigate competing requirements from customers/field/partners/executives, keep track of high-priority defects and work closely with engineering program management to define release vehicles
- Lead beta programs and product launch activities
- Create impactful demos for customers, conferences and field organizations
- Perform competitive analysis of the market landscape
- Enable sales and marketing to effectively and broadly speak to the use cases
- Write technical product updates, architecture diagrams, feature descriptions and customer presentations
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years of experience with databases, public/private cloud and data platforms
- Experience working with distributed teams across the world
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product lifecycle
- Solid understanding of database internals such as MariaDB or MySQL is required
- Expert knowledge of big data and analytics ecosystem products: Spark, Hadoop, Snowflake, Teradata, Redshift, etc.
- Experience working with AWS/GCP/Azure cloud platforms
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker or other container platforms
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology, ability to work with and influence highly talented engineering teams
- Excellent written and communication skills and equally able to talk to and influence engineers, executives, customers and partners
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales and field engineering
- Technical bachelor’s degree (e.g., CS, CE, EE); MBA desired
Redwood City, CA or remote in the United States
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.