The Director, Technical Marketing at MariaDB is the lead evangelist to our Application Developer community. This hands-on person speaks the language of modern application developers and intimately understands databases both relational and non-relational. Leading the outreach via digital (webinars, on-line demos, YouTube, social) and in-person events (meet-ups, keynotes) this subject matter expert creates exciting technical demos and content around key concepts that capture developers’ hearts and minds. While relational databases are an established technology, MariaDB’s approach is different: the modern, cohesive architecture is the perfect fit for today’s challenges. Lightweight, a natural for cloud and micro services deployments, at home in containers and on commodity hardware, MariaDB supports various workloads with storage engines.
Understanding of Development environments and DevOps best practices is essential to help developers be more productive and successful with MariaDB. Prior hands-on experience as developer evangelist, MariaDB / database / full stack developer, coding hero is essential. As MariaDB grows, there is an opportunity to build and manage a developer programs team.
- Design and drive developer program and evangelism for MariaDB.
- Develop content schedule based on developer interest and company strategy.
- Identify best delivery option (e.g., blog, YouTube, lightboard session, etc.).
- Develop code samples, demos to showcase core topics.
- Support high profile keynotes with product and concept demonstrations.
- Execute and deliver webinars, live events, developer Q&As.
- Funnel developer requests and ideas into Product Management for inclusion in future revisions of MariaDB products.
- 5-8 years’ experience in development including use of various databases to persist data.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience with analytics, analytical databases, application development including operational analytics functions.
- Relational and non-relational databases.
- Development utilizing MySQL, MariaDB would be great!
- Development in cloud environments (AWS including RDS, Aurora, S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
- Development experience with containers, Kubernetes, micro-services.
- Experience with node.js, Python, Go, Java, Web, Full stack, serverless is a plus.
- Familiarity with streaming data (Kafka).
- Strong team player with an ability to develop effective working relationships across a distributed organization as well as externally with an ability to inspire and move a cross-functional team and external partners.
- Ability to travel approximately 1-2 times per month. Annual all-company meeting may be held at an international destination.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Redwood City, CA (preferred) or remote
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation. MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.