MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB will offer you the ability to work with a broad range of customers from SMBs to F500 accounts and to leverage your creativity to help us find new routes to market for our open source, enterprise and cloud database offerings. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing startup and make a major impact on MariaDB’s revenue targets.
We are helping some of the most innovative companies in the world solve many of the most complex business challenges. We are seeking a top manager to lead our highly motivated team of Inside Sales (ISR), Business Development (BDR) and Partner Development (PDR) reps in our mission to revolutionize the database industry.
The EMEA Inside Sales Manager is a pivotal role of the EMEA Sales team, responsible for the entire early sales process originating with lead generation and early opportunity management through to Cloud DBaaS and SMB sales. In this role, you will act as the liaison between regional field sales management, the field sales team, the Partner & Alliances, Marketing and Customer Success teams.
- Manage the London-based ISR team to drive sales of MariaDB’s DBaaS – SkySQL
- Manage the London-based BDR team to ensure a constant supply of qualified opportunities to the Field Sales team
- Manage the London-based PDR team to ensure new partner recruitment, inbound partner demand generation responses and outbound partner lead generation activity
- Day to day
- Expand, enable, mentor and manage the EMEA ISR, BDR and PDR teams. Oversee employee development, conduct performance reviews, and guide the reps on successful career paths.
- Quota setting – Qualified Opportunities or Meetings? Monthly or Weekly? Coordinating with the VP EMEA and the Dir. Sales Ops, you will define, author and be responsible for the different team’s compensation plans and the team’s successful accomplishment of their goals.
- Define and refine the BDR Process – From inception to execution. Provide feedback to sales, marketing, and product teams to continually refine our positioning and help accelerate our traction in the market.
- Mentor and develop BDRs to improve their prospecting and presentation skills.
- Tool selection – From social media to dial tools, select, refine, train and roll out the tools used by the team.
- 3+ years as an ISR, BDR or PDR manager with proven planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Capacity to hire, engage, lead, and motivate team members and establish a healthy and collaborative work environment.
- Fluent English
- Excellent reporting and analytics skills
- Strong organization/prioritization skills and ability to consistently meet deadlines
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Deep knowledge of the open source software ecosystem including community and commercial licensing models.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and help the team get the job done
- Salesforce, Google Docs, and equivalent tools.
- Honesty and transparency. A willingness to give straightforward answers to questions like “how am I doing?”
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and pitch MariaDB’s products
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Second European language fluency
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.