MariaDB Corporation has a new opportunity for an Enterprise Architect to join our dynamic, fast-paced software company.
Dual headquartered in Finland and California, MariaDB has changed the way data is accessed and stored. 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people every day.
What You’ll Do
As an Enterprise Architect you are a proven leader in the database industry. Your expertise is used to drive customer success amongst our largest, most strategic customers. From leading deep technical architecture sessions with DBAs and Developers one day to presenting in a C-Suite session the next, the role of Enterprise Architect is an always changing, engaging opportunity for the right individual to lead from the front in the ever changing field of enterprise data.
You will work across customer and MariaDB teams to build better technology and solutions. This will help MariaDB and our customers make better decisions in a holistic manner while planning for future growth. You will provide our customers the value of MariaDB services while optimizing their environments, availability and scalability.
You will be uniquely positioned to drive future development of MariaDB products based on the needs of our most important customers and will have an important impact on the direction of our technology now and in the future.
Required Experience/ Skills
- Interact with customers and provide advisory consulting services
- Perform engagements with customers across The Americas
- Maintain project status, direction, roadmap and health of key customer accounts
- Document customers architectural journey
- Act as a point of escalation and a customer advocate to internal teams (Engineer, Support, Sales)
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality services
- Communicate with Sales and Presales teams to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- Create Proofs of Concept and maintain customer reference architecture
- Deliver personalized enablement and knowledge transfer
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB and/or Enterprise MySQL, and alike technologies certifications recommended
- Knowledge of one or more of additional database technologies and at least 5+ years of experience with any RDBMS or NoSQL DB
- Public Cloud Engineering Knowledge Required, Certification Desirable
- Knowledge of cloud, systems and database design, administration, and architecture
- Knowledge of multiple shell and programming languages (developer experience desirable, not required):
– e.g. Bash, PHP, Java, C, C#, Python
- Systems Administration or Architecture experience from the following operating systems (3+ years or requisite knowledge):
– Linux RedHat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Routing and Load Balancing Implementation experience:
– e.g. MaxScale, ProxySQL, MySQL Proxy, NLB, ELB, HAProxy
- Experience with virtualization & containerization software:
– Docker, Kubernetes
– Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware
- Understanding network and storage architecture and implementation
- Ability to whiteboard and diagram concepts
- Ability to travel frequently and internationally
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and research skills
- Strong attention to detail, great time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of one or more of the following additional database technologies:
– NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
– SQL – Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, Percona Server
– Distributed – Clustrix
– Analytics – Vertica, MariaDB Columnstore, Redshift
- Experience with Big Data and Analytics
- Experience with database migrations
- Familiarity of systems installation, configuration, monitoring & management:
– Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
– Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, MonYOG, Prometheus, Grafana, PMM
– NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Experience with Web/Application environments recommended, such as:
– NGINX, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Lighttpd
- Knowledge or certification in The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other Enterprise Architecture frameworks, Project Management Professional or PRINCE2
- AWS, Azure or Google Cloud certifications
Anywhere in the U.S.
What’s in it for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, that is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation and benefits package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility, freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation. MariaDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.