Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, The Home Depot, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
The MariaDB Enterprise release manager is charge of producing our enterprise grade packages for our customers. He/she will be responsible for maintaining build scripts and the continuous integration framework, identifying possible installation & dependency issues, and ultimately packaging and releasing a suite of software. You will work closely with development and testing engineers to ensure our products are maintained, packaged, and delivered to customers at the very highest level of quality.
- Maintain our enterprise packages and test their installation
- Create enterprise packages for multiple different platforms including docker images and similar, on platforms not supported by upstream vendors
- Use automation tools to make the package creation process automatic and expandable
- Maintain our staging/production repositories
- Experience with building software and creating packages
- Experience of DevOps and other automation tools
- Self-driven with ability and initiative to identify needs and drive successful outcomes
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with teams, users, and stakeholders
- Explorer and tests existing tools and new technologies, refuse the status quo
- Helpful skills (not mandatory):
- Previous experience with database technology, basic programming
Preferably North America
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.