MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team you will be responsible for forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning processes; as well as expense monitoring, cloud infrastructure oversight and providing ad hoc business analyses to support MariaDB’s overall mission.
You will also assist the company on public company readiness and some accounting-related projects.
- Publish monthly financial forecast, as well as annual budgets and long-range planning activities
- Design, implement and enhance financial forecasting tools and processes
- Provide insight reporting and data analyses to senior management in support of forecasting and performance management
- Understand the drivers of financial results, and clearly communicate the “story” around the numbers
- Act as a business partner to internal teams to help achieve financial and business objectives
- Develop and manage our cloud COGS model by tracking actuals versus forecast
- Provide insights on ways we can improve our margins and identify solutions that will control our infrastructure spend
- Become an expert on the cost structure and differences across AWS, Azure, and GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Work closely with our accounting team on our monthly close process by providing COGS/R&D classification
- Assist in due diligence and on public company readiness
- Develop and present key SaaS metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in a finance function, preferable in a SaaS business
- Good understanding of GAAP and history of working with accounting teams
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to successfully troubleshoot and problem-solve with internal and remote teams
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in analyzing large data; strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint), NetSuite and Salesforce, Google Suite
Redwood City, CA
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.