MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan, or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments, and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team you will be responsible for forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning processes; as well as expense monitoring, cloud infrastructure oversight and providing ad-hoc business analyses to support MariaDB’s overall mission.
- Execute the monthly financial forecast, as well as annual budgets and long-range planning activities
- Design, implement, and enhance financial forecasting tools and processes
- Provide insight reporting and data analyses to senior management in support of forecasting and performance management
- Understand the drivers of financial results, and clearly communicate the “story” around the numbers
- Act as a Business Partner to internal teams to help achieve financial and business objectives
- Develop a partnership with key stakeholders to enable buy-in and ownership of financial goals
- Gain alignment with business partners to better inform on financial forecasting
- Provide meaningful business review and financial insight, with a focus on performance indicators and key drivers
- Present objective analytical support to influence and reinforce business decisions
- Help support our rapidly growing business through developing cost management and oversight of our cloud infrastructure
- Develop and manage our Cloud COGS model by tracking actuals vs forecast.
- Provide insights on ways we can improve our margins and identify solutions that will control our infrastructure spend
- Become an expert on the cost structure and differences across AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Work closely with our Accounting team on our monthly close process by providing COGS/R&D classification
- Become a trusted business partner to our Engineering and Product Management teams on all aspects of our cloud spend
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial based position preferable in a SaaS business
- Good understanding of GAAP and history of working with Accounting teams
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to successfully troubleshoot and problem solve with internal and remote teams
- Ability to effectively self-manage multiple work assignments and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise with big data and strong Excel skills. Familiarity with SQL or a BI tools such as Python would be preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (primarily in Excel and PowerPoint), Netsuite and Salesforce.
- Familiarity with Google Suite
Silicon Valley, CA, or remote and able to work the majority of the time on pacific time zone schedule
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.