MariaDB is an open-source database, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS, Walgreens, Verizon, Inditex, ServiceNow, Telefónica, Nasdaq, and Samsung. Over 75% of the Fortune 500 hundred companies use MariaDB technology.
We are disrupting the $30B+ database market by building communities of customers, developers and partners to innovate and deliver the world’s fastest-growing open-source database. With dual headquarters in Finland and California, MariaDB has changed the way data is accessed and stored.
As the Global Director of Support, you will serve as the central point of accountability between our customers and our product. You will lead a global organization of Support and Remote DBAs, who are responsible for providing timely and effective support and managing customer databases both on premise and in the cloud.
We believe helping customers be successful is not just a job, but a calling. Our model is unconventional: we do not view Support as merely a “cost center,” the unfortunate byproduct of creating products. We do not frustrate our customers or our engineers with scripts that must be parroted and “tiers” that must be escalated through to find someone who can solve an issue. We spend most of our time solving issues that go far beyond simple “break/fix” support or documentation lookup. Our goal is to provide the very best support experience across any industry, and we achieve that by hiring and empowering the very best in the world.
We are a “virtual” team, distributed globally, telecommuting via the Internet. We make heavy use of email, Slack, the web, ssh, and similar “remote” technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal.
Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however, we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Ensure the attainment of Support SLAs are achieved with high customer satisfaction
- Be the Product owner of ServiceNow Customer Service Management (CSM) deployment. Work with internal and external ServiceNow architects to update and maintain the platform
- Provide senior management with regular status updates of any problems or potential customer issues
- Provide leadership to Global Support and Remote DBA (RDBA) management team
- Work with our Customer Success Team, Onboarding, and Sales Team to improve internal processes
- Prioritize customer facing product issues with product management & engineering
- Participate in the community by blogging and other social media
- Owner of Subscriber Services Policies for MariaDB customers
- Help improve practices, efficiencies, and common methodologies for Subscriber Services team
- Ability to be on-call as needed to guarantee customer SLAs and escalations
- Ability to travel internationally for company-related meetings
- 5+ years hiring, training, coaching and nurturing top talent, leading operations of a Global Customer Support and/or Global Managed Services team with a commitment to providing superior customer experiences
- Dedicated cross-functional orientation and ability to build relationships with other leaders and teams
- Leader of leaders along with humble approach of player/coach mentality
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Experience in a 24×7 support environment
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop global teams that innovate and drive change
- Experience in the database Industry
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely (equipment provided)
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Prior MariaDB, Percona, or MySQL Support Engineer experience
- Proficient in one or more scripting language (bash, python, Go, etc)
- ServiceNow Customer Service Management (CSM) experience
- Working knowledge of other database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, RDS/Aurora, MongoDB, etc)
- Contributions to open-source software in the MariaDB/MySQL ecosystem
- Experience with other MariaDB products such as MaxScale, ColumnStore, Cluster/Galera, Clustrix, etc.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience with automation tool sets such as Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Experience with containers and kubernetes
- MariaDB and/or MySQL certifications
Anywhere in the U.S.
What’s in it for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.