Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, The Home Depot, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
An experienced Human Resources Generalist, whose objective is to be responsible for the overall US Human Resources operational areas (recruitment support, on-boarding, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations etc.), ensuring that the company is in compliance with all applicable legal requirements and that internal policies and procedures are followed. MariaDB, Inc., a fully owned subsidiary of MariaDB Corporation Ab, currently has close to 100 employees, mainly working remotely nation-wide.
- Day-to-day advisor to US managers and employees in all HR areas, recommending appropriate decisions or courses of action
- Responsibility for the relationship with our US PEO, including handling updates, hires, terminations, etc. in their systems
- Monitor compliance with US employment laws as well as with company policies and procedures
- Advise managers on HR programs, legal compliance, internal SOP’s and performance management
- Provide recruitment and hiring support (advertising, candidate contacts and selections, offer letters, on-boarding, etc.) for US-based positions
- Internal consultant and advisor on US compensation practices and benefits programs
- Handle and resolve employee relations issues including disciplinary actions and termination
- Assist in ongoing and future updates of worldwide policies and procedures
- Participate in or manage special projects and tasks as required from time to time
- Bachelors Degree in HR or related major
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources with a strong generalist background, well versed in HR best practices
- Hands-on experience in several of the areas recruitment, compensation and benefits, leadership and employee development, performance management and employee relations
- Knowledge of US employment law and employee relations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish credibility and trust at all levels of the organization
- Results oriented, with good ability to prioritize and multi-task
Helpful skills (not mandatory):
- Direct experience from high growth distributed hi-tech organization (software industry preferred)
- Experience from a distributed workforce environment
- M&A experience
Redwood City, CA
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.