MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As the Manager of Support for AMER/APAC, you will serve as the manager of the Americas and APAC Support Teams. You will lead a team of Support Engineers around the globe who are responsible for providing timely and effective support for our customers resolving a wide variety of complex issues.
We believe helping customers be successful is not just a job, but a calling. Our model is unconventional: We do not frustrate our customers or our engineers with scripts that must be parroted and “tiers” that must be escalated through to find someone who can solve an issue. We spend most of our time solving issues that go far beyond simple “break/fix” support or documentation lookup. Our goal is to provide the very best support experience across any industry, and we achieve that by hiring and empowering the very best in the world.
We are a “virtual” team, distributed globally, telecommuting via the Internet. We make heavy use of email, Slack, the web, ssh, and similar “remote” technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal.
Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however, we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Ensure the attainment of Support SLAs are achieved with high customer satisfaction
- Provide leadership to support engineers of AMER and APAC
- Coordinate coverage amongst support engineers for AMER/APAC regions
- Provide director of global support with regular status updates of any problems or potential customer issues
- Assist with hiring, perform annual reviews, cultivate talent
- Update/create standard operating procedures (SOP), as needed
- Train new hires and coach/guide experienced support engineers
- Assist with customer escalations (via phone, email, Zoom, etc.)
- Provide hands-on support to customers when needed
- Work with our customer success and engineering teams as needed to help resolve customer issues
- Help improve practices, efficiency, and common methodologies for global support team
- Ability to be on-call as needed to guarantee customer SLAs and escalations
- Ability to travel internationally for company-related meetings
- Experience hiring, training, coaching and nurturing top talent, leading operations of a regional customer support team with a commitment to providing superior customer experiences
- Dedicated cross-functional orientation and ability to build relationships with other leaders and teams
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Experience in a 24×7 support environment
- Experience in the database Industry
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely (equipment provided)
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Prior MariaDB, Percona, or MySQL support engineer experience
- Proficient in one or more scripting language (bash, python, Go, etc.)
- ServiceNow Customer Service Management (CSM) experience
- Working knowledge of other database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, RDS/Aurora, MongoDB, etc.)
- Contributions to open-source software in the MariaDB/MySQL ecosystem
- Experience with other MariaDB products such as MaxScale, ColumnStore, Cluster/Galera, Clustrix, etc.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience with automation tool sets such as Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes
- MariaDB and/or MySQL certifications
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.