Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, The Home Depot, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
The Documentation Manager will be responsible for strategy, implementation and maintenance of the customer facing MariaDB Documentation, managing a team of Technical Writers. The Manager will be responsible for shaping the documentation, underlying technology and approach based on our customers needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on user experience combined with digital technology skills, solid understanding of modern documentation tools and processes for online and e-publishing, documentation experience at a software company, and proven cross-functional leadership. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced technical writing and documentation professional to build and reshape professional documentation for a fast growing successful software startup.
- Develop and design new professional documentation for MariaDB
- Evolve, document and maintain standards and best practices for product documentation, processes and drive content effectiveness, customer satisfaction, and a sustainable model.
- Collaborate positively with all stakeholders to deliver high quality documentation
- Improve integration between product and curated content.
- Manage a team of distributed technical writers
- Exercise effective leadership for these responsibilities within the product organization
- B.A. / B.Sc. or similar work experience
- 5 year work experience in writing and managing software documentation, ideally in a leading role
- Excellent written English and multimedia communication skills (e.g. illustrations, graphics, etc.) with experience and ability to educate and improve the work of others
- Experience with relevant technical tools and environment including authoring tools, CMS tools, communication best practices, style/format/structure guidelines, visualization techniques, etc.
- Experience in effectively managing remote teams
- Self-driven with ability and initiative to identify needs and drive successful outcomes
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with teams, users, and stakeholders
- Helpful skills (not mandatory):
- Previous experience with database technology, basic programming
- Knowledge of SGML, HTML
Preferably North America. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.