Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, The Home Depot, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
The MariaDB Platform QA Engineer is in charge of Quality Assurance of all products in our MariaDB Platform portfolio. You will focus on ensuring that the different pieces install and work together and that upgrades are smooth. You will work closely with development, testing and release engineers to ensure our products are maintained, packaged, and delivered to customers at the very highest level of quality. While the testing teams for each product focus on feature testing of the individual product your focus is the user experience and ensuring that the products work together smoothly.
- Understand customer use cases and design tests around them
- Assure quality of all our products in the MariaDB Platform portfolio
- Make sure that our different products work together as defined by designing and implementing integration tests that combine multiple components
- Test the cycle of the customers experience: installation and upgrades of our products work as they should
- Design realistic testing environments, configurations, and workloads to simulate real-world customer scenarios (replication deployments, clustered deployments, etc.)
- Implement and monitor quality standards for our products
- Develop and execute test plans, monitor and report on test execution
- Develop test strategies, maintain a test environment that can continuously be improved to efficiently increase the quality of our products
- Automate all tests and ensure that a continuously growing set of tests can run smoothly within the desired timeframe
- Collaborate with QA and test personnel in other teams to coordinate work and share.
- Experience with testing interactive and daemonized applications on Linux/Windows
- Experience with testing graphical and web-based applications
- Basic system administration skills on Linux & Windows
- Knowledge of virtualization/abstraction tools (e.g. qemu, KVM, LXC, Docker, VirtualBox, VMware)
- Familiarity with MariaDB/MySQL installation and administration
- Basic scripting/programming skills
- Self-driven with ability and initiative to identify needs and successfully achieve goals
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with teams, users, and stakeholders
- Ability to test and improve existing tools and processes
- Experience with CI/CD technologies
Helpful Skills (not mandatory)
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with other databases
- Experience with C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of Linux package managers such as yum, zypper, apt as well as dpkg and rpm directly
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB — the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom — along with the personal responsibility these come with.
Preferably Europe or America.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation