MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Are you interested in working for a dynamic and growing global company with a strong open source culture and whose products are used by leading companies from all over the world?
MariaDB is the fastest-growing open source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, The Home Depot, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook.
We are a distributed global team, working either from home, a coworking space or from offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, Slack and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Functional and regression testing of MariaDB server and components
- Exploratory testing and communication with developers and product management in order to obtain details of feature specification
- Writing test cases for reruns and automating test scenarios for regression testing purposes
- Test result analysis, creation of reproducible test cases and defect reporting
- Collaboration with development to maintain the official regression test suite
- 2+ years of work experience in software testing
- Good knowledge of Linux, and hands-on experience with everyday maintenance/administration
- Knowledge of DBMS and SQL concepts
- Work experience with version control and defect tracking systems
- Familiarity with Perl, and basic shell scripting skills
- Ability to perform work tasks on Windows/macOS
- English language proficiency
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Experience working remotely
- Knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL DBMS, SQL dialects, connectors
- Work experience with Git and Jira
- Familiarity with Oracle and PL/SQL
- Familiarity with NoSQL products/concepts
- Work experience with cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud) and virtualization tools (QEMU, Docker)
- Ability to read C/C++ code
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.