MariaDB Support Engineer - AMER
Location: Anywhere, serving customers during Americas hours
Department: Subscriber Services
As a MariaDB Technical Support Engineer, you are the face we present to our customers each and every day. You help them succeed, and through them help their own users and customers to succeed.
Our customers use MariaDB Server; MaxScale; Column Store; Galera Cluster; client connectors for C, Java, ODBC, and other programming languages and environments; and new and emerging technologies made available through MariaDB Server. They use other open source technologies including Percona XtraBackup and MySQL Server. They use Linux and Windows and other operating systems, deployed on premise and in the cloud, in virtual servers and containers and good, old fashioned physical servers.
You are vital to their success in this challenging, complex, and ever changing technology landscape.
We believe Technical Support is a calling and not only a job. Our model is unconventional: we do not view Support as merely a "cost center", as the unfortunate byproduct of creating products. We do not frustrate our customers or our engineers with scripts that must be parroted and "tiers" that must be escalated through to find someone who can solve an issue. We spend most of our time solving issues that go far beyond simple "break/fix" support.
Our goal is to provide the very best support experience across any industry, and we achieve that by hiring and empowering the very best in the world.
If you have a true passion for helping customers succeed, if you are rewarded by solving complex problems, if you enjoy challenges, then join the MariaDB Technical Support team today.
You will deliver expert-level technical support services to worldwide customers during our “Americas” hours, across our entire portfolio of supported products. Support services range from software usage and best practices, to service restoration and performing tuning. You will utilize advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving capabilities. You must be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
We are a “virtual” team, distributed globally, telecommuting via the Internet. We make heavy use of email, Slack, the web, ssh, and similar “remote” technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal.
Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
Work location is highly flexible, however a west coast USA location is the most natural fit for these working hours. MariaDB does not sponsor relocation or work visas.
- 4+ years experience with MariaDB or MySQL Server in production Linux environments
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Strong knowledge of SQL query writing and database performance tuning
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Ability to travel internationally for company-related meetings
- Prior MariaDB, Percona, or MySQL Support Engineer experience
- Experience with MariaDB MaxScale and Column Store
- Experience with Galera Cluster
- Experience in demanding, performance-critical environments
- Experience with high availability environments and technologies
- Experience in software development (C, C++, Java): source-level familiarity with our products is enormously helpful in solving customer issues
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and RDS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud
- Formal MySQL Server Certifications
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com
MariaDB Corporation is a recognized leader in open source database solutions for SaaS, cloud and on-premise applications that require high availability, scalability and performance. MariaDB is built by the founder and core engineering team behind MySQL. MariaDB is the new “M” in LAMP, having displaced MySQL as the default database in the Red Hat and SUSE Linux distributions, and has been selected as the database of choice by Rackspace and Pivotal Cloud Foundry for their customers. MariaDB has over 2 million users globally and 500 customers in over 35 countries, including global brands such as HP, Wikipedia, Deutsche Telekom, Virgin Mobile and Booking.com. For more information, visit https://mariadb.com/