Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world?
MariaDB is looking for a skilled C/C++ developer to join the MaxScale team as a Software Engineer. The MaxScale team develops the MariaDB MaxScale database proxy that extends the high availability, scalability, and security of the MariaDB Server while at the same time simplifying application development by decoupling it from the underlying database infrastructure.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, co-working space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Develop (and test) new functionality using C++
- Debug and fix bugs
- Collaborate with the support organization to solve customer issues
- A passion for programming and for creating well-designed and maintainable code
- Several years of experience writing C and C++
- Experience in developing and debugging distributed and multithreaded applications
- Experience in TCP/IP programming
- Experience in developing on Linux
- Experience in using MariaDB and/or MySQL
- Capable of planning your own work and to deliver results on time
Helpful skills (not mandatory)
- Developing performance-critical products
- Working on different layers in the software stack
- Cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Virtualization/abstraction tools (e.g. qemu, KVM, LXC, Docker, VirtualBox, VMware)
- Software repositories and packaging (e.g. yum, apt, dpkg and rpm)
- System administration tasks on Linux
- Database administration
- Open Source development
- Language requirement: English, our corporate language
- Problem solving mindset
- Able to present and discuss ideas and cooperate
Espoo, Finland or Remote/Europe
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.