MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB is looking for a passionate problem solver to join our team as a Product Management professional. You’ll be leading the charge in developing our client-side connectors and tools as well as ensuring our products integrate well together, including on our cloud platform SkySQL.
In this role you’ll navigate both business and technical conversations and roll up your sleeves to solve technical challenges. As a Product Manager, you will be involved with everything related to developing MariaDB products further to become the next generation of database products.
- Drive the product roadmap from start to finish, from product feature definition, prioritization and successful execution through multiple releases
- Engage with customers, partners and field teams to understand use cases, requirements and customer needs and use cases
- Work together with world-class engineering talent to influence design/architectural decisions and collaborate on feature definition and development
- Create product specifications and requirements to drive the engineering process
- Perform competitive market analysis to help make product choices and prioritize features
- Maintain product feature lists and define the scope for each release
- Analyze and identify new opportunities and key trends
- Lead beta programs with key customers
- Work with marketing to participate in product launch activities
- Write technical product updates, architecture diagrams, feature descriptions and customer presentations
- Work with marketing to enable sales to effectively communicate the use cases and value proposition
- 5+ years of experience in product management and product development
- Experience working with public cloud platforms; AWS/GCP/Azure
- Good knowledge of developer requirements regarding database connectors and tools
- Experience in application development (multiple programming languages a plus)
- Understanding of database internals such as MariaDB or MySQL is required (this is not database development)
- Familiarity with public cloud database services such as RDS, Aurora, MongoDB Atlas
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product lifecycle
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology, ability to work with and influence highly talented engineering teams
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.
MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.