At MariaDB, we are disrupting the $30B+ database market. We are building communities of customers, developers, and partners to innovate and deliver the world’s fastest growing open source database. Our solutions power applications at companies including Google, Wikipedia, Tencent, Verizon, DBS Bank, Deutsche Bank, Telefónica, Huatai Securities and more. MariaDB is the default database in leading Linux distributions like Red Hat and Suse, with a reach of more than 60 million developers worldwide. MariaDB is the best positioned long term alternative to legacy proprietary databases and expect over 85% of new applications to be built on open source relational databases in the next 4 years. We are rapidly expanding our team to accelerate our growth and broad traction in the market.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a key member of the Sales team, responsible for creating new and expanding business opportunities for MariaDB. In this role, you will act as the liaison between our Sales and Marketing teams, building new pipeline and developing relationships with customers across a defined geographical territory.
MariaDB will offer you the ability to work with a broad range of customers from SMBs to F500 accounts and to leverage your creativity to help us find new routes to market for our open source database offerings. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing startup and make a major impact on MariaDB’s revenue targets.
MariaDB will provide you with training and the opportunity to quickly grow your career in sales. We are helping some of the most innovative companies in the world solve many of the most complex business challenges. We are seeking top SDRs who are motivated to join in our mission of revolutionizing the database industry.
- Aggressively prospect within your defined territory via cold calls, emails, social interaction, and events, making 60+ calls per day.
- Educate and qualify Marketing Qualified Leads to create net new pipeline for the sales team.
- Become a trusted resource and develop strong relationships with your customers and prospects.
- Stay up to date on MariaDB product lines, customer needs, market trends, and competition.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals and defined objectives in support of company’s revenue targets.
- Provide feedback to management, marketing, and product teams to continually refine our positioning and help accelerate our traction in the market.
- Update interactions in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management.
- 1-2 years experience in Lead Generation, Business Development, Sales Account Management or a Customer Facing Technical Role with an Aptitude for Sales.
- Exceptional track record of exceeding sales goals and being a top performer in a highly competitive environment.
- Knowledge and Passion for Databases, Analytics, and/or Open Source Software.
- Demonstrated market knowledge of competitive opportunities.
- Highly motivated self starter who thrives in a fast growing startup environment with experience bringing new technologies to market.
- Creative problem solver, adept at overcoming customer objections.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong experience successfully prospecting, qualifying and gaining access to decision makers.
- Ability to inspire and motivate your team to best serve our customers.
- College degree and/or equivalent experience.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.