The sales development team at MariaDB is responsible for producing new opportunities for the sales pipeline. We’re looking for ambitious, high-energy candidates who are excited about joining our growing team to revolutionize the way that data is stored and accessed.
The sales development role at MariaDB is unique opportunity because:
- You will have more closing responsibility than most SDR’s, including developing early-stage pipeline and closing e-commerce transactions
- The product is proven and widely distributed. There are millions of community users and major customers such as Walgreens, Samsung, and ServiceNow
- There is a targeted focus in training SDR’s for career advancement and a proven track record of promoting team members. As a fast-growing company, there is enormous opportunity for personal career growth
- Territories are large and you are empowered to make strategic decisions on how to develop your territory
- Follow up with inbound marketing qualified leads via email, phone, and social media
- Drive sales via e-commerce for our cloud database product
- Respond to inquiries from our sales phone line
- Respond to website instant message chats
- Promote, attend, and follow up with leads from roadshows, tradeshows, and the annual MariaDB OpenWorks conference
- Develop your territory by building lists of accounts & leads and doing outbound outreach via phone, email, and social media
- Promote MariaDB webinars, products, and events via social media, e.g. LinkedIn & Twitter
- Develop a pipeline of early-stage opportunities to transition into a qualified buying cycle
- Collaborate with marketing on reviewing campaign performance and identifying best practices
- Work with Account Executives to develop a territory plan and strategy
- Record and manage daily work in tools such as Salesforce and SalesLoft
Sales or business development experience, especially in the database and/or software industry is preferred, but absolute requirements are:
- A relentless work ethic: you will put in 100% no matter what the circumstances are and do whatever it takes to hit your numbers. You are also hungry to learn as much as possible about our product, the industry, and our customers
- A great attitude: you’re positive, coachable, adaptive to change, and a great teammate
- Organization and quality: you take pride in the quality of your work and are process-oriented
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.