The sales development team at MariaDB is responsible for producing new sales pipeline. We’re looking for ambitious, high-energy candidates who are excited about joining our growing team to revolutionize the way that data is stored and accessed.
The sales development role at MariaDB is unique opportunity because:
- You will have more closing responsibility than most SDRs, including developing early-stage pipeline and closing e-commerce transactions.
- The product is proven and widely distributed to millions of technologists. Major customers include Walgreens, Samsung, and ServiceNow.
- There is a targeted focus in training SDRs for career advancement and a proven track record of promoting team members.
- Territories are large and you are empowered to make strategic decisions on how to develop your territory.
- Follow up with inbound marketing qualified leads via email, phone, and social media
- Drive sales via e-commerce for our cloud database product
- Develop a pipeline of early-stage opportunities to transition into a qualified buying cycle
- Promote, attend, and follow up with leads from roadshows, tradeshows, and the annual MariaDB OpenWorks conference
- Promote MariaDB webinars, products, and events via social media, e.g. LinkedIn & Twitter
- Collaborate with marketing on reviewing campaign performance and identifying best practices
- Develop your territory by building lists of accounts & leads and doing outbound outreach via phone, email, and social media
- Respond to website instant message chats and sales phone line
- Work with Account Executives to develop a territory plan and strategy
- Record and manage daily work in tools such as Salesforce and Salesloft
- A relentless work ethic: you will put in 100% no matter what the circumstances are and do whatever it takes to hit your numbers. You are also hungry to learn as much as possible about our product, our customers, and the sales craft
- A great attitude: you’re positive, coachable, adaptive to change, and a great teammate
- Organization and quality: you take pride in the quality of your work and are process-oriented
Also preferred are:
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) field, economics, or business
- Ability to read/write Spanish, Portuguese, or French – not a requirement but provides more opportunity for territories you can cover
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.