MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB is seeking a SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. This is a critical role with a unique opportunity to build and shape the external reporting process and support the continued expansion of our technical accounting policies. This position will also provide technical advisory support to the broader account team. This position reports to the VP, Corporate Controller.
We are looking for someone with SEC reporting experience in a public company with strong technical accounting skills.
- Lead the design and build-out of the SEC reporting structure, include implementation and management of external reporting software solution
- Manage the company’s external financial reporting process, including SEC reporting and compilation of financial statements, management’s discussion and analysis, and footnote disclosures
- Create and maintain internal and external reporting calendar, coordinate key timelines and deliverables, and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting and future public filings
- Own the XBRL process
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls related to the financial reporting process
- Assist with technical accounting matters such as leases, consolidations, stock-based compensation, financial instruments disclosures, impairment assessments, including carrying out research and documentation for a variety of complex and non-standard transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, debt offerings, etc., adoption of new standards, as well as general corporate accounting matters
- Collaborate on the monthly and quarterly reporting decks for senior leadership, audit committee and board of directors
- Proactively research, analyze and benchmark the disclosures of peer companies, competitors and industry trends
- Develop key reports from NetSuite to support monthly and quarterly reporting; work cross-functionally to gather key financial metrics to support month end variance analysis
- Serve as a subject matter expert on U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, with the ability to research and analyze new and proposed disclosure requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s higher degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or equivalent qualification
- 7-10 years of relevant SEC reporting experience, including a minimum of 2-3 years at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting standards as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting position papers
- Strong verbal, written and listening skills as well as the ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide and interact professionally with a wide range of staff at various levels within the organization to help drive sound business decisions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Strong communications skills, as well as strong organizational, time and project management skills
- NetSuite experience a plus
Bay Area, CA
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.