As a Senior Consultant you are responsible for various consulting projects at customer locations. Consulting engagements generally last between 3 days to a few weeks, and cover the range of architecture reviews, implementation advice through to hands-on labs and training. You will typically conduct the engagement onsite at the customer location, although we also provide remote engagement on customer demand.
The Senior Consultant reports to the V.P. of Global Field Engineering. The compensation structure is a base salary and a variable component based on revenues and quarterly objectives.
- Interact with customers and internal Sales Engineering team to help scope out consulting engagements
- Perform consulting engagements with customers mainly across North America
- Write engagement reports for consulting engagements
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality services
- Communicate with Sales and Pre-Sales teams to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- Mine the accounts for further opportunities for Sales and Pre-Sales.
- Interact with Channel and other Go To Market Partners
- B.A. / B.Sc. or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years track record in softwares consultancy, with database experience highly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB and/or MySQL, certifications recommended
- Knowledge of one or more of the following database technologies
- SQL – MariaDB, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server
- NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages (developer experience recommended):
- PHP, Java, C, C#, Python
- Experience with Web/Application environments recommended:
- Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Lighthttpd
- Sysadmin experience from the following operating systems:
- Linux RedHat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows 2000 and 2003 server
- Familiarity of systems installation, configuration, monitoring & management
- Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, MonYOG, Prometheus
- NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Experience with virtualization & containerization software required:
- Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware
- MesoSphere, Kubernetes
- Amazon EC2 and other cloud knowledge recommended
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Excellent spoken and written English is a requirement.
North America, working from your home office.
MariaDB does not sponsor relocation or work visas.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com