MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As part of the MariaDB Cloud Platform team, you will help drive the technical vision behind scaling, continuous improvement and evolution of our database products in public and private clouds.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Effectively collaborate with other engineers remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- 3+ years of professional and in-depth experience with Go (Golang)
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following languages: Python, Shell script, SQL
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Experience designing enterprise applications
- Working knowledge of deploying and running relational DBMS products
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure certification
- Previous experience working remotely
- Experience leading a development team
- Experience leading a run/services team
- Experience building a Kubernetes operator
- Extensive experience with multiple public cloud vendors
Sofia, Bulgaria or remote in Bulgaria
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.