MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
The ML Data Science Team focuses on the application of data science, statistics, and machine learning (ML) to further advance MariaDB’s industry-leading database services in achieving exceptional user experiences. This includes self-identification of workload patterns with leading indicators for stability and other self-stabilizing autonomous actions from probable causes.
We are seeking experienced data scientists and machine learning engineers to help advance our mission. You are expected to work at the intersection of machine learning and software engineering and should possess a deep, working knowledge of data exploration, modern machine learning techniques, algorithms, and sound engineering practices.
You should be highly motivated to do extraordinary things with humility, passion to learn, flexibility, and a self-actualized mindset in a highly-productive team of like-minded members all sharing one goal: doing something extraordinary in ML to deliver unparalleled DBaaS from MariaDB’s SkySQL cloud through their collective selfless contributions.
- Assist with data and model validation, including identifying areas for further model optimization and enhancement
- Design and implement new models or extend existing models
- Develop new visualization techniques
- Set up test databases to benchmark labeled data. Some knowledge of database administration is highly desirable.
- Maintain and develop CI/CD workflows
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, MS/Ph.D. preferred.
- Strong software engineering skills and experience using Python as well as scientific libraries such as NumPy and SciPy.
- Advanced knowledge of data science and machine learning fundamentals, strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Industry experience building scalable systems. Experience with containers and Kubernetes in a public cloud is a must.
- Experience in advanced visualization techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Redwood City, CA or remote
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.