MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
You will help build and maintain distributed services in an environment that processes millions of data points per second with the ability to self-heal and scale up or down to meet demand.
We are looking for a senior hands-on cloud engineer to work on the next generation of the database observability stack with a nimble, robust and globally scalable architecture.
- Create libraries, tools, and automation to help ensure that critical event data gets to the right place
- Actively drive the expansion of our observability capabilities
- Plan, implement and administer observability solutions
- Analyze and identify thresholds to establish meaningful alerts
- Work with various teams to understand transactions that need to be monitored and develop solutions to meet those requirements
- Perform configuration, tuning and troubleshooting of monitoring platforms
- 5+ years experience building SaaS products
- Experience developing containerized applications (Docker) and CI/CD
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Solid API design skills
- Strong expertise in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in computer science or any related field
Bonus Experience and Skills
- 2+ years of development experience with observability stack, distributed computing in SRE, DevOps or software engineer role
- Direct exposure to the core components of Prometheus, Cortex, Grafana is a plus
- Familiarity with Terraform, Argo
- Large distributed systems design and development experience is a plus
- Experience with database technologies
Remote in the United States
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.
MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.