Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, The Home Depot, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, co-working space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Develop new features in MariaDB ColumnStore – our scale out columnar analytics storage engine
- Analyze and address performance bottlenecks and issues
- Triage and fix customer bugs
- Present externally though blogs and conferences on MariaDB products
- Strong C and C++ skills
- Debugging and performance analysis
- Distributed systems development experience
Helpful skills (not mandatory)
- Previous experience in database server development
- Experience on analytical database systems
- Open source development
- Language requirement: English, our corporate language
- Problem-solving mindset
- Able to present and discuss ideas and cooperate
Menlo Park, CA, Plano, TX, Seattle, WA or Remote /Anywhere
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.