MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
This position will be focused on leading engineering efforts related to the infrastructure layer of the MariaDB SkySQL service with a strong focus on public cloud. This position will require excellent technical architecture and project management skills in addition to hands-on development work. We will look to you for innovative ideas to boost performance, reliability and security of our database products in public cloud deployments.
MariaDB is a globally distributed company, relying upon telecommuting via the internet and heavy use of email, web, Slack and similar technologies. Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve on-call work on nights, weekends and holidays, however, we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, SRE, QA, Support and architects in designing highly secure and scalable infrastructure
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast-paced environment
- Work on providing a highly automated cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform
- Develop tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services
- Design and build net-new production-grade environments for advanced transactional and analytical workloads
- Plan, lead and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Utilize your deep experience and problem-solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience supporting PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Significant experience with public cloud including design, implementation and maintenance of large-scale environments
- Working knowledge of infrastructure-as-code software tools such as Terraform/Ansible and a demonstrated implementation
- Strong automation programming skills; must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software
- In-depth understanding of networking, Linux, distributed systems, cloud design patterns, APIs and security
Remote in the United States
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.