Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, ServiceNow, and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Architect and design database features
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including programming, debugging, and creating new features
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years of full lifecycle software development experience
- Expert level experience in C++, Unix OS, SQL
- Proficiency in software engineering tools, both enterprise, and open source
- A general understanding of RDBMS and/or noSQL internals and/or in-depth use of databases in application development
- Actual experience with developing database engines a big plus
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Excellent communications skills
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
This position will be based in Europe or Remote from anywhere. You should be able to work from home or possibly from one of our offices if logistics are practical.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.