Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like booking.com, Virgin Mobile and Wikipedia, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that founded and built MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, co-working space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
MariaDB is building out a web based management tool to help our customers more easily configure and manage MariaDB clusters.. Successful candidates will join an existing team and help to build out and accelerate the delivery of this product.
- Design, develop, and test major front end and back end features within the web application stack
- Look for ways to surface innovative capabilities of the underlying database layer products
- Work as part of a broader team to ensure the right and best product gets built
- Support and troubleshoot customer issues
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience with a web based development framework (Elixir, Ruby on Rails, Django, Node.js, etc)
- Experience working with GitHub and CI/CD based delivery
- Experience with RESTful api design
- A passion for infrastructure and databases, ideally you have some experience with MariaDB already
Helpful skills (not mandatory)
- CSS and User Interface Design a plus
- Experience building tools for managing complex software or infrastructure products
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers
- Language requirement: English, our corporate language
- Problem-solving mindset
- A passion for high quality software and ability to work with a small team in a distributed company
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.