MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a member of the MariaDB Cloud Platform development team, you will be responsible for design and implementation of features in MariaDB Cloud that includes Kubernetes Operator, infrastructure automation and performance tests in K8S platform.
- Design and develop features in MariaDB K8S operator framework
- Develop various components of cloud based DBaaS infrastructure
- Identify performance problems and develop solutions to fix them
- Collaborate with Product, Support, DevOps, QA and architects in designing highly secure infrastructure
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or higher
- 10+ years of experience in software development with 5+ years in distributed software development
- Deep understanding of algorithms & data structures and their runtime complexities
- Solid understanding of OS Internals and networking
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes in public cloud is a must
- Proficiency in any of C/C++, Java, Python or Go
- Experience working with any of GCP/AWS/Azure
- Experience development in the Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMSs, experience with MariaDB/MySQL is a plus
- Familiarity with ServiceNow development is a plus
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.