MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
A Senior Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing technical sales support in EMEA region for Enterprise accounts and Partners. With a determined focus on customer satisfaction at all times.
Although home-based the candidate will work across the EMEA region and travel will be required where appropriate.
The Senior Solutions Engineer reports to the EMEA Technical Director. The compensation structure is a base salary and a variable component based on revenues.
Support pre-sales activities in the designated region:
- Participate in sales calls and onsite visits with prospects to make technical presentations
- Understand customer requirements and translate them into a technical solution
- Support the partner eco-system with training and enablement
- Participate / present at industry shows, user groups and other public events or webinars
- Prepare appropriate roadmap presentations for key accounts
- Work with Product Managers to provide input to the roadmap and create the customer ready presentations
Track, monitor, and respond to company interactions with existing customers:
- Ensure the technical win for each sales opportunity
- Run workshops and demos to evaluate new technologies
- Follow Tech Support incidents to help overcome roadblocks
- Document customers’ requirements and produce Statement of Work with and for consultants
- Develop accounts to assist the Sales Representatives grow the account
- Collaborate with Services delivery team for onsite visits to key accounts in the territory
- Interact with Product Management and Engineering teams to help steer the products based on customer demands and prospect trends:
- Act as the customer advocate
- Help define product features participating in key product meetings as needed
- Validate new service and product offerings with customers and prospects
- Interact, including training, with Channel and other Go To Market Partners
- A determination to establish customer satisfaction
- B.A. / B.Sc. or equivalent work experience
- 5 years track record in software solution pre-sales, with database experience
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB and/or MySQL, certifications recommended
- Knowledge of one or more of the following database technologies:
- NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
- SQL – Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Experience with Web/Application environments recommended
- Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Lighthttd
- Sysadmin experience from the following operating systems:
- Linux RedHat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows 2000 and 2003 server
- Experience with virtualization & containerization software
- Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware
- MesoSphere, Kubernetes
- Amazon EC2 and Google Cloud Platform and other cloud knowledge
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work remotely
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and German. Multiple languages and/or multi-country experience is a plus.
Remote in Germany
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.