MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Xpand is now part of the MariaDB product line and provides a scale-out OLTP database to companies all around the globe and scales to millions of transactions per second.
We are seeking Software Engineers to develop and maintain a framework for analysis, testing, and tuning Query Optimizer. As Xpand broadens its horizons with more customers, more diverse workloads, and even some analytical queries, optimal query plans are the center of performance. You will work on challenging problems that ensure Xpand offers fastest performance, and reliably scale.
Design systems to verify algorithms for cardinality estimation, statistics, costing, and other key components of the query optimizer, tracking plan changes and performance regression when new or enhanced features are being developed.
- Generate simulated workloads to mimic customer queries and reproduce workloads and issues
- Work with industry standard benchmarks (TPCC, TPCH)
- Create complex and powerful tools and collaborate with other team members to assess new and existing features and to improve or develop algorithms used for Query Optimization
- 3+ years of software engineering or test experience, preferably with enterprise software products and/or appliances
- Hands on experience with relational databases and/or distributed computing systems
- Good understanding of database internals, especially query performance and query optimization
- Excellent programming and scripting skills in at least one language, preferably in python
- Highly proficient in a Linux or Unix environment
- Strong background in Mathematics
What’s in it for you?
Being part of the Xpand team is great because:
- Our team is small, so you get to own significant projects and contribute in a big way to the product.
- We have a lot of interesting problems to work on, in a variety of areas.
- Our customers love us. We help them do things they could never do with their legacy SQL databases.
- We are passionate about making our software work better and faster.
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
Redwood City, CA or Remote
How To Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.