MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you are checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan, or ordering takeout, MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies large and small, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments, and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB is a privately held, global operation, providing our clients with 24x7x365 customer support. We are disrupting the $30B+ database market. We are building communities of customers, developers and partners to innovate and deliver the world’s fastest-growing open source database.
MariaDB is building a web-based management tool to help our customers easily configure and manage enterprise MariaDB configurations. This role will join an existing team to help build and accelerate the delivery of this product. This is a high-impact role where you will have the opportunity to work on hundreds of clusters in a multicloud environment.
- Design, develop and test major features of our monitoring infrastructure
- Interact with other product development groups to build new features and bring out business value for our customers
- Work as part of a broader team to ensure the right and best product gets built
- Support other divisions of MariaDB with technical skill and experience
- Be part of the team
- Minimum 5 years of expеrience as a DevOps engineer
- Minimum 7 years of overall experience in software development
- Expеrience running Kubernetes clusters on production
- Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, CP and/or Azure
- Hands-on experience with technologies like Terraform
- Excellent knowledge on Linux/Unix environments
- Expеrience with cloud networking
- Experience coding in one or more of the following languages: Go, Python, Bash
- Experience with occasional on-call rotation (each team member is on call every 12 weeks)
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Experience working with Kubernetes in production multicloud environments
- Experience building complex CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Advanced experience with Google Cloud and AWS
- Familiarity with the CNCF stack
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS and/or Azure certification
- Experience with ServiceNow platform
- Networking knowledge/certification(s)
Remote in the United States
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.