MariaDB is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Social Media Intern to join our dynamic, fast-paced tech startup.
Dual headquartered in Finland and California, MariaDB is building the best general-purpose database for the modern world — empowering customers to break free from the costs, constraints and complexity of proprietary databases. With massive reach through Linux distributions and enterprise deployments, MariaDB has a unique opportunity to make a big impact through our social channels.
The ideal candidate has a passion for social media, possesses strong writing skills, has an eye for graphical design, and is hungry to learn new skills and topics.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Create and post content to our social media channels
- Execute social media campaigns that educate, inform and convert our audience
- Grow our social media followers
- Engage with followers and develop new strategies to attract a larger audience
- Coordinate compelling visuals
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to support launches, announcements, events, blogs and campaigns
- Track engagements, conversions and other metrics
- Other marketing activities as needed
- Start date is March 25, 2019
- 3 month program; can be renewed with approval
- Full-time or part-time, paid internship
- Work out of our Bay Area office
This role is based in Redwood City, CA, where you will report directly to the Senior Communications Manager.
What’s in it for you?
As a Social Media Intern, you’ll benefit from:
- Practical, hands-on marketing experience
- Honing your storytelling skills by creating compelling narratives for social media
- Being an integral member of our mighty marketing team
- Learning about the exciting world of open source databases
- Lots of sea lion swag!
How To Apply
Ready to apply? Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Send three creatively written tweets promoting something on the mariadb.com website or recent articles.
- Resume and link to your LinkedIn profile.