MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan, or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments, and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a Technical Account Manager/EA you are responsible for day-to-day management and technical operation of a strategic MariaDB customer. This complex role will be centered around three different primary responsibilities. The first responsibility will be for performing Infrastructure DBA related tasks of customer MariaDB environment on AWS EC2 infrastructure. This will be work guided by SLAs and workflows and will include tasks such as provisioning databases, patching and upgrading, and decommissioning customer databases. Additionally, the TAM will be responsible for day-to-day account management on site at the customer location. This will be accomplished by embedding themselves into the customer application and database teams, making sure that remote DBA staff is adhering to SLAs, managing escalations of work and support interactions, acting as the subject matter expert for MariaDB at the customer and keeping the customer apprised of all technical and product updates to MariaDB technology. Finally, the TAM will act as the liaison between customer and MariaDB teams including support, remote DBA, development and engineering. This will include reporting and project management duties along with the technical duties.
- Act as primary SME and point of contact onsite at customer location]
- Perform infrastructure related DBA tasks such as provisioning, patching, upgrading and decommissioning of MariaDB database instances on Customer infrastructure
- Work hand-in-hand with MariaDB support team and customer DBA team to ensure quality of managed service and adherence to SLAs
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence with custom workflows for tasks undertaken in customer environment.
- Write status reports for weekly/monthly/quarterly projects
- Act as a point of escalation and a customer advocate to internal teams (Engineer, Support, Sales)
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality service
- Communicate with Sales and Presales teams to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- Develop a unique community of practice within MariaDB highlighting a specific skill set or topic important to the TAM
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB and MySQL, certifications recommended. Some working experience with an enterprise relational database is required
- Amazon EC2 or other cloud knowledge required
- Knowledge of one or more of the following database technologies
- NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
- SQL – Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture is a plus
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages is a plus (developer experience recommended):
- PHP, Java, C, C#, Python
- Sysadmin experience from the following operating systems is a plus:
- Linux RedHat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows 2000 and 2003 server
- Familiarity of systems installation, configuration, monitoring & management is a plus:
- Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, MonYOG, Prometheus
- NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Experience with virtualization & containerization software is a plus:
- Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware
- MesoSphere, Kubernetes
- Experience with Web/Application environments is a plus:
- Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Lighttpd
- Ability to travel occasionally possibly internationally
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Ability to manage technical projects and write concise, informative reports
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.