The MariaDB Documentation Team produces and maintains documentation that is focused on the enterprise customers of MariaDB Corporation. This documentation enables the successful deployment and use of MariaDB products, and bridges the user from marketed product information to engineered product experiences.
MariaDB Corporation operates with a globally-distributed online culture focused on excellence of customer experience. Our team members are expected to work both independently and collaboratively. A successful candidate will be capable of working with a remote team, and have self-discipline, excellent time-management, and strong communication skills.
The Technical Writer is the basic skill set of all members of the Documentation Team, and all staff must be capable of serving in that function. These abilities enable more flexible use of team resources to accomplish our large and varied writing projects, and enable the fluid operation of the team.
Technical Writer tasks include the use of standardized tools and practices in:
- Self-development of knowledge and expertise covering MariaDB Corporation products, and understanding of the needs of our audience.
- Research of facts supporting accuracy of technical content, including staff interviews.
- Preparation of content plans to design a narrative targeting the needs of the customer.
- Writing of technical content integrating facts to content plans in language that informs, enables, or supports the tasks of the customer.
- Support of ongoing User Research (UR) and User Testing (UT) activities, and operational tasks.
Additional Technical Information Manager tasks include:
- Execution of documentation research projects.
- Quality Control of documentation work products, including diagrams, examples, technical instructions, and other materials using automated testing tools and exploratory testing practices.
- Management of team research notes, tooling, and written research standards.
- Additional task, project, and program management responsibilities.
Three types of candidates could be successful in this opportunity:
- Someone with experience in the selection, deployment, or upkeep of Enterprise databases; and holding a Masters in Library Information Science (MLIS).
- Someone with demonstrable experience with the MariaDB Platform technologies; and having at least three years experience in the diagnosis and troubleshooting of complex technical problems.
- Someone with experience in producing software documentation at scale; and holding a Bachelors in Computer Science, or other Bachelors-level information technology degree.
Candidate must be a Native English speaker.
North America or Europe. Position works from home. Occasional travel is required in support of ongoing Documentation Team work, namely attendance of the annual company meeting, and user conferences.
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation. MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.