Dual headquartered in Finland and California, MariaDB has changed the way data is accessed and stored. 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people every day.
MariaDB cloud team is looking for a passionate problem solver to join our team as a product manager. You’ll be leading the charge to take the most popular open-source database in the world to the cloud. We seek a strong technical person that understands customer problems and the best user experience. Someone who can easily navigate both business and technical conversation and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves to solve technical challenges will thrive in this role. As a Technical Product Manager for cloud, you will be involved with everything related to running MariaDB in a cloud environment.
- Driving the entire lifecycle for our cloud service, from product inception, requirement through multiple releases.
- Engage with customers to understand use-cases and product features.
- Driving user stories and working closely with the engineering team to deliver high-impact products.
- Lead beta programs and product launch activities.
- Deep diving into user experience, mapping it to KPIs and business metrics that can be translated into product improvement and features.
- Creating impactful demos for customers, conferences and field organizations to explain the unique feature sets.
- Work closely with world-class engineering talent to understand and define product requirements.
- Perform competitive analysis of the competitive landscape.
- Enable sales and marketing to effectively and broadly speak to the use cases.
- Drive roadmap by working with customers, internal teams and the community.
- Write technical product updates and presentations.
- Experience working with distributed teams across the world.
- Strong open-source inclination.
- Experience working with AWS/GCP/Azure cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, VMware or other container platforms.
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology, the ability to understand complex technical architectures (including database and cloud architectures).
- Solid understanding of database internals such as MySQL or MariaDB is highly desired.
- Excellent written and communication skills and equally able to talk to and influence engineers, executives, customers, and partners.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales, and field engineering.
- Technical Bachelor degree (eg. CS, CE, EE) with 7+ years of relevant experience in engineering or product management. MBA desired.
- Strong working experience in container technologies (Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker etc).
- Solid knowledge of public cloud platforms (GCP/AWS/Azure).
- Familiarity with public cloud database services such as RDS, Aurora, Mongo Atlas is desired.
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
Redwood City, CA or anywhere in the United States.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.