At MariaDB, we are disrupting the $30B+ database market. We are building communities of customers, developers and partners to innovate and deliver the world’s fastest-growing open-source database. Our solutions power applications at companies including Lufthansa, T-Systems, DHL, Amadeus, 1&1, Verizon, DBS Bank, Inditex, ServiceNow, Telefónica and more.
What You’ll Do
MariaDB SkySQL cloud team is looking for a passionate problem solver to join our team as a product manager. You’ll be leading the charge to take the most popular open-source database in the world to the cloud.
Someone who can easily navigate both business and technical conversation and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves to solve technical challenges will thrive in this role. As a Technical Product Manager for cloud, you will be involved with everything related to running MariaDB in the SkySQL cloud environment.
- Driving the entire lifecycle for our SkySQL cloud service, from product feature definition, prioritization, UI/UX decisions and successful execution through multiple releases.
- Engage with customers, partners and field teams to understand use-cases and problem definition.
- Work closely with world-class engineering talent to influence design/architectural decisions and collaborate on new features and requirements.
- Maintain a prioritized list of features, navigate competing requirements from customers/field/partners/executives, keep track of high priority defects and work closely with engineering program management to define release vehicles.
- Lead beta programs and product launch activities.
- Create impactful demos for customers, conferences and field organizations
- Perform competitive analysis of the market landscape.
- Enable sales and marketing to effectively and broadly speak to the use cases.
- Write technical product updates, architecture diagrams, feature descriptions and customer presentations.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years of experience with databases, public/private cloud and data platforms.
- Experience working with distributed teams across the world.
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of database internals such as MariaDB or MySQL is required.
- Familiarity with public cloud database services such as RDS, Aurora, Mongo Atlas is desired.
- Experience working with AWS/GCP/Azure cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker or other container platforms.
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology, ability to work with and influence highly talented engineering teams.
- Excellent written and communication skills and equally able to talk to and influence engineers, executives, customers, and partners.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales, and field engineering.
- Technical Bachelor degree (eg. CS, CE, EE). MBA desired.
Redwood City, CA or anywhere in the United States
What’s in it for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.